$2.17 for Children or Grandchildren
Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
Although the flu epidemic is different every year, approximately 36,000 deaths are related to flu in the United States each year. The CDC reports that between five and twenty percent of Americans get the flu every year, but it doesn’t end there. Between 250,000 and 500,000 flu deaths occur worldwide.
People who are 65 and older are at a more serious risk of suffering from and dying from the flu. They also have an increased risk of developing pneumonia and infections because of it. The flu can cause a senior to be sick for months due to a weakened immune system.
Make sure the flu stays far away by using these simple, everyday secrets ...
The number one way to prevent the flu virus is thorough and frequent hand washing. Washing hands can reduce the chances of contracting the flu by avoiding contact with bacteria and viruses.
Wash hands with soap for at least twenty seconds. It takes about the same amount of hand-washing time as signing the birthday song “Happy Birthday” to kill germs on the skin.
Eating healthy and maintaining a healthy diet can actually boost immunity. Choose produce, whole grains and lean proteins. Avoid sugar and processed foods. Limit alcohol intake because it can act as an immunosuppressant increasing the risk of flu.
Avoid the crowds!
Flu viruses can spread quickly from person to person through a simple sneeze or cough. The best way to prevent infection is to steer clear of crowded places during flu season. Although it can be difficult to avoid all crowds, there are precautions to stay well. Try to avoid places like movie theaters, concerts, airplanes, etc., where people are typically left in very close quarters. Avoid grocery shopping during peak hours or indoor playgrounds with crowds of children.
Stress can weaken the immune system and make people more susceptible to infections. The stress hormone, corticosteroid, can suppress the ability to fight off infections. Stress can be easily battled with physical activity. A brisk walk or a workout can do wonders to lower stress levels and increase healthy blood circulation.
You might also be interested in...
- 10 Signs You May Not Be Drinking Enough Water
- 8 Signs You May Not Be Getting Enough Magnesium
- About Life Insurance
- Do You Really Need Life Insurance?
- Does Divorce Spell The End Of A Happy Childhood
- Globe Life is A+ Rated
- Health Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
- History of Life Insurance
- Home Cough Remedies
- How High Should Your SPF Be
- How To Be Responsible About Life Insurance
- Is Eating Organic Really Safer?
- Is White Vinegar A Safe Cleaning Agent?
- Planning Your Family For An Emergency Evacuation
- The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And A Living Will
- Reconsider Getting a Life Insurance Policy
- Setting Goals For Your Employees
- Skills that Make Bosses Want to Hire You
- The Importance of Life Insurance
- The Importance of Term Life Insurance
- Is It Time To Review Your Life Insurance Policy?
- Tips On How To Prevent E.coli
- Too Busy to Stay Healthy?
- What Is COPD And How You Can Prevent It?
- What is Term Life Insurance?
- When Insurance Becomes an Investment
- Choosing Whole Life Vs Term Life Insurance
- Why You Should Look Into Term Life Insurance
- Making Your Home Senior-Friendly
- Is Whooping Cough Making A Comeback
- Unusual Tricks To Reduce The Risk Of Heart Disease
- The Best First Aid Kit Everyone Should Have
- Beware Of Dangerous Mold
- 5 Things You Should Know About Thyroid Health
- What Your Eyes Reveal About Your Health
- Everyday Things That Can Cause Memory Loss
- How To Discuss Life Insurance With Your Spouse
- Why That Cold Won’t Go Away
- 5 Ways To Keep A Healthy Smile
- How Dangerous Is Sugar?
- 5 Warning Signs To Change Healthcare Providers
- Simple Secrets To Conquer Flu Season
- The Hidden Bad Side Of Everyday Foods
- How To Avoid The Scams That Tricked So Many
- Six Foods That May Reduce Stroke Risk
- Empty Nesters: Don’t Ditch Life Insurance Until You Consider This
- How Does Accidental Death Insurance Work?
- 4 Tips To Improve Your Credit Score
- 6 Tech Devices You Need For Family Safety
- Public Transportation Safety Tips